Jacksonville Trivia - How Much do You Know?
By Jennifer Jordan
Orlando may get a lot of tourists; Miami may get a lot of party seekers; Ft. Lauderdale may get a lot of beach goers; But, it's Jacksonville that gets a lot of residents. With a population over 800,000 (jaguars not included) Jacksonville is a big city, with a big base of trivia. Take our quiz to see how much you know.
1. Jacksonville ranks first in population in Florida. Where does it rank in the US?
d. Very last
2. The first settlement near what is now Jacksonville was called Ossachite. It was founded more than 6,000 years ago by what Indians?
a. The Hopis
b. The Timucua
c. The Seminoles
d. The Cleveland Indians
3. Jacksonville, when it was founded, was not called Jacksonville. What was it called?
d. Michael Jacksonville
4. Jacksonville became the official name of the city in 1822. For whom was in named?
a. Andrew Jackson
b. Stonewall Jackson
c. James Jackson
d. The Jackson Five
5. During the Civil War, Jacksonville served as a main supplier of what?
c. Hogs and Cattle
6. What happened in Jacksonville on May 3, 1901?
a. A blizzard hit
b. The mayor was assassinated
c. a large fire destroyed the city
d. Cinco De Mayo came two days early
7. In the early 1900's, Jacksonville was known as what?
a. The Winter Film Capital of the World
b. The Cattle Capital of the USA
c. Alligator City
d. The city with the greatest covered wagon dealerships
8. What famous band formed in Jacksonville?
b. Lynyrd Skynrd
c. The Temptations
d. Barbie and the Rockers
9. On what river is Jacksonville located?
a. The Mississippi
b. St. Johns
c. The Missouri
d. The Nile
10. Jacksonville is known as having the largest what in the United States?
a. Urban Park System
b. Restaurant selections
c. Native swamplands
Answers: 1. c. 13th; 2. b. The Timucua; 3. a. Cowford; 4. a. Andrew Jackson; 5. c. Hogs and Cattle; 6. c. a large fire destroyed the city; 7. a. The Winter Film Capital of the World; 8. b. Lynyrd Skynrd; 9. b. St. Johns; 10. a. Urban Park System
See how you did:
9-10 Correct: You know Jacksonville very well. The mayor should give you a (Florida) key to the city.
6-8 Correct: Pretty good. You definitely know more about Jacksonville than most people. Orange you happy about that?
3-5 Correct: Your trivia needs some work. But, with a little research, sunny days surely lie ahead.
Less than 3: Not very good. You're jaguar chow.
Jennifer Jordan is a senior editor for www.milleniumlimo.com . Having been to five continents and over 40 countries, her travel column can be found at the Millenium limo website.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jennifer_Jordan